Oh, I had fun with this one! This little Astoria Pinafore was a gift for a friend of mine who’s youngest just turned one year old. While I was sewing my last Astoria, I thought it wouldn’t be too difficult to make the dress reversible.
The pattern has been designed with a fully lined bodice, so all I had to add was a second skirt in fabric matching the lining. I also decided to use my KAM snaps for the closure instead of buttons. This meant that I could colour coordinate the snaps for either side of the dress.
I really enjoyed picking the fabric for this outfit. I started off with the mustard floral print, then I chose a complimentary solid coloured linen/cotton blend for the second side.
Even though there was a little more work involved, I think it was totally worth it! I can’t wait to see Lulu in both versions over the warmer months.
- Pattern brand/name/number: Astoria Pinafore by Little Lizard King
- Style, size: Ruffle Bodice Pinafore, size 18 months
- Fabric: Printed cotton and linen/cotton blend from Spotlight
- Notions: KAM snaps from Greenbeans Australia, my own woven label, matching thread
- Made the dress fully reversible by adding a lining to the skirt
- Used snaps for the back instead of buttons
- Rounded out the front neckline a little bit
I know there has been a lot of sewing for kids on my blog recently, and I do have a few more things to post about before bub arrives, I hope you are happy to indulge me!