Here’s another little outfit to add to the slowly growing pile for bub!
I hacked the Brindille & Twig bodysuit pattern into this really cute t-shirt, using a RTW shirt to get the right width and length for the 0 – 3 month size range.
Instead of binding the neckline and sleeves, I used fold-over elastic for a different look. Then I pulled out my twin needle to finish off the hem.
The little shorts are called “bummies” and the pattern is free from Brindille & Twig. I finished off the leg openings with the same fold-over elastic (which is different from what the pattern recommends), and I also did an alternate elastic waist insertion. The pattern calls to make a casing and feed the elastic through. I know, from experience, that the elastic can sometimes twist and be rather uncomfortable, so first I zigzag stitched the elastic to the cut edge of the fabric on the wrong side, then flipped it over and zigzag stitched from the right side, catching the bottom of the elastic as I went.
I’m finding these small projects great for stash busting, as they use hardly any fabric. This jersey was some scrap leftover from one of my mums sewing projects, and it’s lovely and super soft.
- Pattern brand/name/number: T-shirt hacked from the Brindille & Twig Bodysuit; Brindille & Twig Bummies
- Style/size: 0 – 3 month old size
- Fabric: Jersey scraps from my mums stash
- Notions: White fold-over elastic, elastic for the waist, matching thread
- Used fold-over elastic to finish off the neckline, sleeve and leg opening edges
- Inserted the waist elastic differently from what the pattern suggested
I can see bub wearing this outfit on a warm summers day, the jersey is nice and light, and the bummies are a really cute nappy cover. I can’t wait!