true scrap busting kensington

MBM_Kensington 01

If last weeks Kensington Romper tickled your scrap-busting fancies, this one will overwhelm them! I bought these two fabrics years apart, but they pair together so well!

MBM_Kensington 02

The bodice is made from a cotton chambray that I bought from The Remnant Warehouse years ago. This length of fabric has gone through so many different forms since then, and I was happy to finally use the last tiny bits for this romper. I added little pin tucks to the front of the bodice which I think turned out super cute.

MBM_Kensington 04

The floral fabric was bought a few months ago to make some bias binding for this project. I could have made more binding from what I had left, but it was so sweet I just had to use it for the bloomer part of the romper.

MBM_Kensington 03

The back is where my lack of fabric is really highlighted. The bloomers are really quite wide, and I didn’t have enough to make it all in the floral fabric. There was just enough of the chambray to patch it all together, and although it doesn’t look as neat as the front, I think it was a good work-around.

GARMENT DETAILS

Even though bub will probably only wear this romper a few times, I feel good knowing that I have used some scraps of fabric that otherwise would have sat in my stash for ages, or eventually made its way to my floor pouf.

Mitty x

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s