One of my best friends is due to give birth to her second son any day now, so I thought it would be nice to surprise her with a handmade matching set for her boys to wear.
I used two patterns that I’m sure you’ve seen on my blog before; the bodysuit pattern from Brindille and Twig, and the Andover tee from Little Lizard King.
I still think this kind of neckline is one of the best designs for babies. The over-the-shoulder wrap is so flexible and means there isn’t any chance of the suit getting stuck over bubs head.
I picked up this adorable robot and planet printed cotton jersey from Spotlight, and I’m so glad I did, because my friend said that her eldest is robot-mad at the moment, and quickly exclaimed how much he loved his new shirt.
The dark navy accents were left over jersey from when I made 11 of these t-shirts. It’s from MaaiDesign, and is still the best quality jersey I’ve ever worked with.
- Pattern brand/name/number: Bodysuit from Brindille and Twig, Andover Tee from Little Lizard King
- Style, size: Bodysuit size “newborn”, Andover size 3
- Fabric: Printed cotton jersey from Spotlight, navy jersey and ribbing from MaaiDesign
- Notions: Silver snaps for crotch seam of bodysuit, two small buttons for sleeve tabs of t-shirt
- Added a back neck binding cover to the t-shirt
I love giving handmade gifts, especially for big occasions such as the birth of a baby. I can’t wait to see the boys in their matching outfits!