I’m currently 32w + 6d into my pregnancy, and possibly planning too far ahead because I just made a dress to fit an 18-month-old!
I used the Andover Tee pattern to make this little dress, and I think it worked out really well. It was a very simple modification; first I had to cut the front and back pattern pieces straight across (mirroring the hemline) a few centimetres below the armholes.
The skirt pattern is a simple rectangle. I wanted a bit of a gathered effect, so I made the width of the skirt 1.5 times the length of the adjoining bodice seam, and 30cm long. I also added an extra inch for the hem, to give the bottom of the skirt a bit of weight.
The finishing touch was this little woven label from Kylie and the Machine, it says “One Of A Kind”, which I’m sure my little girl will be!
- Pattern brand/name/number: Andover Tee by Little Lizard King
- Style/size: Short-sleeve tee with regular neckband, size 18 months
- Fabric: Printed jersey and pink ribbing from Spotlight (same fabric as this project)
- Notions: Woven label from Kylie and the Machine, matching thread
- Turned the tee into a dress pattern as described above
- Added a strip of jersey to cover and reinforce the back neckband
This was a very quick and satisfying project! I’ve already redrawn the bodice pattern to add a cute ruffle, I hope to show you that next week.