One such make I saw recently was from danica.made, where she mashed together the Stellan Tee (which you know I love), and the front tie from the Jarrah sweater.
I simply had to try it out for myself.
I went for a cropped length, not only because I thought it would pair beautifully with my new Pietra Pants, but also because I was cutting this project from a breastfeeding top that I never ended up finishing.
I only had a very small amount of fabric to work with, and in the end, I did have to piece together two bits for one of the sleeves. I made sure to use a lot of pins to keep the stripes aligned, and for an extra measure, I used the walking foot on my machine so nothing moved around.
I am in love with this tie front, it feels very Summery to me!
I followed the Jarrah Sewalong on Megan Nielson’s website just so I could see the best way of finishing the points of these ties. It turns out that they are (sort of) a mitred corner. Megan explains how to sew them nicely, if you are interested.
- Pattern brand/name/number: The Stellan Tee by French Navy mashed together with the Jarrah Sweater by Megan Nielsen
- Style, size: Stellan size M, Jarrah size 10
- Fabric: Jersey knit from Tessuti (ages ago..!)
- Notions: Matching thread
- Added the Jarrah tie front detail to the Stellan tee, quite high up to make it a cropped length t-shirt
- Left the sleeve hem unfinished
That was a very quick, and satisfying project. Don’t you just love those?